Phenergan (Promethazine) is an antihistamine. It is used for symptomatic treatment for allergic diseases. Previously it was also used to potentiate anesthesia.
The use of promethazine in the treatment of allergic diseases, with vasomotor and allergic rhinitis, with rheumatism with a pronounced allergic component, with allergic complications caused by penicillin, streptomycin and other drugs, as well as itching dermatoses, Meniere's disease, chorea, encephalitis and other CNS diseases, Accompanied by increased vascular permeability, with sea and air sickness. In surgical practice, diprazine is used as one of the main components of lytic mixtures used for potentiated anesthesia and hypothermia, to prevent and reduce postoperative complications, during surgery and in the postoperative period. They are also used to strengthen the action of analgesics and local anesthetics.
Mode of application
Intake to 0,025 g 2-3 times a day, intramuscularly - 1-2 ml of a 2.5% solution, intravenously (in the composition of lytic mixtures) - up to 2 ml of a 2.5% solution.
Higher doses for adults inside: single dose - 0.075 g, daily -0.5 g; intramuscularly: single-0.05 g (2 ml of a 2.5% solution), daily - 0.25 g (10 ml of a 2.5% solution).
It should appoint Promethazine itching and other allergic reactions caused by the use of phenothiazine drugs (chlorpromazine, etc.), As he is a drug Promethazine this chemical group.
Due to the sedative effect, it is not possible to prescribe diprazine while working for drivers of transport and other persons whose profession requires a quick mental and motor reaction.
- On the part of the digestive system: mild numbness of the oral mucosa, dry mouth, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, unpleasant sensations; rarely - jaundice.
- From the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system: drowsiness, dizziness, anxiety, lethargy, fatigue, impaired coordination of movements, impaired vision;
- Rarely - tinnitus, euphoria, nervousness, insomnia, seizures, oculogic crisis, catatonic status, hysteria, psychomotor agitation, extrapyramidal disorders, headache, nystagmus.
- From the cardiovascular system: rarely - tachycardia, bradycardia, palpitation, fainting, arterial hypotension (with introduction), arrhythmias.
- Dermatological reactions: rarely - contact dermatitis, photosensitivity, urticaria.
- On the part of the hematopoiesis system: rarely - leukopenia, agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia, thrombocytopenic purpura.